Gracia101 is looking to hire on a permanent basis a Senior Desktop Engineer / Windows consultant for a long-term project with a multinational company in Barcelona starting in June 2019.
You bring subject matter knowledge of Windows including technologies, theories and techniques. You have in-depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, especially Windows 10 and its impact and integration into User Workplace equipment (e.g. compatibility, drivers), desktop software (e.g. compatibility), business applications and user administration. The position manages critical aspects of the design and deployment of the enterprise wide migration to Windows 10 across all project stages including 3rd tier support for end users.
The position requires the ability to pass an IT criminal background check and occasional after-hours and weekend support in line with project needs.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
The Windows Consultant performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise wide user workplace solutions
- Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyses and develops Windows related enterprise technology solutions
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet client’s expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design
- Provides consulting advice to senior IT leadership and sets strategic direction based on client’s solutions and products
- Provides council and mentoring to team members and extends teamwork beyond projects to practices
Knowledge and experience of Windows Migrations – This is the big picture, understanding the entire flow and processes of a migration and what it takes from an effort level to accomplish the work.
Windows 10 -Knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System on:
- Version – LTSB, CB, CBB and why one over the other would be recommended for the deployment
- Security – Understanding the security features of Windows 10 and the benefits and values they provide to the customer
- Cloud Integration – Cloud Identity management, for authentication via the cloud, application delivery strategies using the Cloud
- Microsoft Store – Knowledge around the Microsoft Store for Business to be able to make recommendations about its usage and benefits.
- App-V and UE-V Client Integration – understanding the impacts of both clients and able to provide recommendations to the customers
- BitLocker – understand the value and able to articulate recommendations to customers on the usage and implementation
System Center Configuration Manager – In-depth knowledge of SCCM Operating System Deployment methodology and best practices. Knowledge on the latest SCCM versions and changes from the 2012 R2 version, as well as impacts of the CB / CBB updating on management and deployment.
- Integration with Intune (optional)
- 3rd Party Product Integration – ability to recommend 3rd party products such as 1E or Adaptiva to a customer and the ability to articulate the value add.
Imaging – a deep understanding of the imaging process for custom images, to be deployed across a network and able to articulate the value of and differences between:
- Thin, Thick and Hybrid image builds
- Knowledge around Provisioning using the Microsoft Image and Configuration Designer
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – MDT 2013 Update 2 and later builds, which align with the Current Branch for Business builds. Needs to have an in-depth knowledge and experience in working with MDT in the Operating System Deployment solutions including:
- Task Sequence development – knowledge on building task sequences for the operating system deployment.
- CustomSetting.ini – Configuration of settings for automation using the CustomSettings.ini
- Integration with SCCM – ability to articulate the value of integration MDT with SCCM and provide recommendations to customers.
Automation – knowledge and experience around automation approaches for migration activities including experience in:
- PowerShell Scripting, System Center Orchestrator, User State Migration Tool
Active Directory – knowledge around AD DS to facilitate a successful Operating System Deployment including:
- DNS, DHCP, GPO Policies
- Trust Relationships
- Passport (optional)
Networking – knowledge around networking for the purposes of and Operating System Deployment strategy and design. Should understand and be able to articulate for a deployment the following:
- Network Bandwidth Utilization, QoS, IP Addressing, Routing, Firewalls, VLANs
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – VDI (Optional)
Communication Skills – ability to speak at a C’ level and articulate recommendations in a professional manner
5+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).